So the official name of the NGP is the PS Vita. Rolls off the tongue, don’t you think?
Here’s what we learnt at E3:
Retailing at $249 for Wi-Fi, $299 for Wi-Fi + 3G
Confirmed UK price £229.99 / £279.99
The one wrinkle [with the 3G plan] is that Sony has decided to use AT&T in North America. It’s only a wrinkle if you are concerned about data caps, of course.
AT&T has monthly limits to its mobile broadband, with tiered service plans offering only a few hundred megabytes to several gigabytes per month. While Sony says that using Vita via your plan is “free,” one would assume that it counts against your data cap dictated by your subscription plan.
Massive list of third party support for the Vita.
Sony has released the PlayStation Vita sizzle trailer.
Games listed below, new titles bolded
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss
- Little Deviants
- Sound Shapes
- Project Gravity (working title)
- Hustle Kings
- ModNation Racers
- Super Stardust
- Project Ruin (working title)
- Reality Fighters
- Hot Shots Golf
- Shinobido 2: something Ninja
- Virtua Tennis 4
- Dynasty Warriors (working title)
- Dragon Crown (Grand Knights Story! Name reference to “Princess Crown”)
Sony E3 conference Vita summary (thanks Gamespot):
- Kaz Harai hit the stage, talking up the PlayStation Suite more, with PS content coming to Androids.
- Kaz first says the PSP isn’t dead, then praises its killer by talking up the NGP.
- PS Vta was its real name after all. We suppose some rumors are true. And it’s pronounced vee-tah.
- AT&T is going to be the exclusive Vita carrier, which went over pretty poorly with the live audience. Must be iPhone users.
- After talking up social features, it was time for games. First up was Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Though it was hard to keep up with the earlier Uncharted 3 footage, it looked pretty great, even with touch screen capabilities that are totally optional, meaning you can play it like a real game if you so choose.
- Next was a social action RPG that communicates with the PS3, called Ruin. It’s a top down fantasy adventure, it looked like it totally deserved to exist, with hooks into Twitter and Facebook. You can buy a version for the PS3 and switch between saves with ease.
- ModNation Racers is coming to the Vita. They showed a very simple interface for creating tracks in this original game in the player-friendly series.
- Cross-platform functionality is apparently going to be a big part of the Vita, including in Wipeout 2048.
- LittleBigPlanet was announced for the Vita. It looks like the team found quite a lot to do with all the system’s features. It was easily one of the most impressive Vita games they showcased.
- Street Fighter X Tekken is coming to the Vita?!? That one took us by surprise, and it looks quite impressive on the Vita. And Cole from InFamous is going to be a playable character! What the hell is happening?!?!
- After a sexy sizzle reel of games, including Hot Shots Golf, Kaz returned to the stage and announced a holiday launch for all territories.